Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need help with a baked macaroni and cheese recipe?

I remember in school we made mac and cheese, and we used chedder cheese and mustard ( not dry mustard )


and we baked it in a cassarole dish with crushed crackers on top


i cant remember the whole recipe, i jsut know we had that in it.


it didnt have any veggies or other spices in it


it was just plain mac and cheese baked


can anyone get me the recipeI need help with a baked macaroni and cheese recipe?
Aah, my alltime favourite food - mac and cheese!!





I boil up the pasta, make a cheese sauce with lots of strong cheese (I like it really cheesy) and english mustard. Then I add about 3 whole eggs to the sauce and mix them all together. I add chopped up tomato 'cos I love it like that, but you could throw in bacon or anything else really.





Then I put it into a dish and bake it - the egg causes the sauce to ';set'; making a good old-fashioned macaroni cheese instead of that white sauce liquidy one you buy in the shop.





I like the sound of crushed crackers on top - I'm definately going to do that next time I make it!I need help with a baked macaroni and cheese recipe?
i honestly dont knowww, but if its for a party, just take easy mac, then dump it on a plate(: it works everytime!
This is the way my grandmother, mother and I have always made it:





Boil elbow macaroni until al dente; drain and rinse in cold water. Make a white sauce (about 2 c.) with salt %26amp; pepper (I like Creole seasoning too). Then layer pasta, shredded cheese in 3 layers each. Cover with the white sauce and dot with butter. My mom would put cornflake crumbs on top, but I don't like the crunch. Bake at 375 for about 35-45 min, or until bubbly.......
this is the recipe i use





INGREDIENTS


1 (12 ounce) package macaroni


1 egg


2 cups milk


2 tablespoons butter, melted


2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese


salt and pepper to taste





DIRECTIONS


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.


In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.


Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.


Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.


Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown

No comments:

Post a Comment